Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

August 8

These activities are aimed towards beginner Spanish students.  The ideas and themes discussed in LLED480 presented for me a great opportunity to build on some of the topics included in a Spanish 9 unit that I taught during my practicum by exploring some of the technologies that I utilized in this course. The topics included in this Spanish 9 unit are daily or leisure activities, regular -ar ,-er, and -ir verb conjugations, likes and dislikes, the seasons and months, and the days of the week.  

In introducing the verb vocabulary, I could start with this SlideRocket presentation.  Since the photos are pretty self-explanatory, it would be easy for students to figure out the meaning of the verbs. An audio component, where you can record your own audio, would have to be added in the future.  In this way I can record the sounds/pronunciation of the words, adding a listening component to the presentation.  This presentation would also be posted on my Spanish 9 blog, so that students can have access to it for more practice.


 


To reinforce the new vocabulary, I could ask the students to work with a partner to recount and write in Spanish about their favourite weekend activity.  

Later on in the unit, and after learning regular verb conjugations, I would use the following YouTube video for practicing regular verb conjugations.  This is a great listening activity in which I would include a fill-in-the-blanks-with-the-missing-song-lyrics handout.  Students would work on the handout after listening to the song at least once. A Google Document with the complete song lyrics would also be posted on my blog for students to access.   



Google Doc - Song Lyrics




 

Towards the end of the unit, and before a Final Exam or Final Project, students would have the opportunity to practice and review the vocabulary learned in class using Quizlet.  The particular link includes all the vocabulary introduced in this unit, as well as a listening and a written component, English to Spanish matching, etc.  This Quizlet activity would be posted on my Spanish 9 blog for students to access any time. After completing the listening component on Quizlet, students could create their own audio as a speaking project/activity, using Quizlet's vocabulary list, and Vocaroo's voice recording service which is easily accessible.  The completed project would then be emailed to me for marking.  

  Unit 3: Days, months, seasons and weather



For a Final Project, I could ask the students to create a presentation with Bookr.  This presentation would include the Seasons in Spanish, types of weather that we encounter during each season, and the activities that the students or their friends and family members like or dislike to do during each season.  My Bookr presentation would be posted on my blog as an example of the project's requirements.  The Final Projects would be then shared in class.



No comments:

Post a Comment